Friday, September 28, 2007
'To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down'.
- Woody Allen, Love and Death
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
1. You know, because you have been told by your significant other, that your deep feelings are returned in kind.
2. The object of your affections makes you feel special and good about yourself.
3. If/when you feel jealous it is always fleeting; you trust your partner not to betray you or hurt your relationship.
4. Nothing makes you feel as serene as when you and your partner are together.
5. When you fight with your partner you usually make up within a few hours and you always agree that nothing is more important than you both being able to express your true feelings (even if they sometimes cause conflict).
6. Your partner never asks you to choose between him/her and your loyalties to your family and friends - if you do choose him/her over them you always have a good reason and it is always YOUR decision, and your decision alone.
7. Neither you or your partner feel the need to test the other's loyalties or feelings.
8. You are more yourself when with your partner than you are with anybody else.
9. If sex is part of your relationship it is by mutual desire and agreement without the slightest hint of commitment testing or persuasion.
(If you agree with 7 of the following 9 statements you are probably in love, if not it could be LUST or a fake physical attraction!)
'When time comes you find yourself in deep trouble
Like a ship lost in the mid-sea during a storm
You want to cry and need a shoulder to lean on
Seem hopeless and could not move on...
Got no one around whom to count on.
Maybe you have totally forgotten me
Have given up on me for somebody
Think I am useless and nothing but garbage
So you shun and make a mock on me.
You might be surprised when you turn your back
See me smile with open arms and extended hands
For unlike them whom you prefer to be with than me
I'll never give up...
Turn my back on you.
I'll be your candle
Offer you light so you may not stumble'
'She is always in my dreams
And near in my screams
Everything perfect as it seems
One day when she starts forgetting me
How meaningless my life would be
Without her, life will keep nothing to see
One day when she stands far away
I'll start remembering each thing she used to say
And when she said with me she'll always stay
No matter and besides everything she has done
To me she will always be the one
And in my heart she is always there and never gone!'
Friday, September 21, 2007
'The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love'.
Still Life With Woodpecker
- Tom Robbins
'You may wonder, 'How can I leave it all behind if I am just coming back to it? How can I make a new beginning if I simply return to the old?' The answer lies in the return. You will not come back to the 'same old thing.' What you return to has changed because you have changed. Your perceptions will be altered. You will not incorporate into the same body, status, or world you left behind. The river has been flowing while you were gone. Now it does not look like the same river'.
The Book of the Vision Quest
- Steven Foster
'Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall'.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
c.1535; Oil on hardboard transferred from panel;
left panel: The Rule of Bacchus, 39 x 15.9 cm
middle panel: The Fall of Man, 39 x 31.5 cm
right panel: The Rule of Mars, 39 x 15.7 cm
The National Gallery of Art, Washington DC, USA
'People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be
shot down by the smallest person with the smallest mind.
Think big anyway.
What you spend years building may
be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have
and you might get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway'.